This documentation is for an experimental branch of the driver that enables GPS Support.
ardrone_autonomy is a ROS driver for Parrot AR-Drone 1.0 & 2.0 quadrocopter. This driver is based on official AR-Drone SDK version 2.0.1. ardrone_autonomy is a fork of AR-Drone Brown driver. This package is developed in Autonomy Lab of Simon Fraser University by Mani Monajjemi and other Contributors .
External Links: Source code and issue tracker | ROS wiki page | Code API
- April 2014: 1.4
- September 3 2014 : 1.3.5: Bug Fixes & Minor Improvements
- March 14 2014: The binary packages of the driver are now built on ROS build farm. You can install the driver for ROS Indigo, Hydro and Groovy using
- January 17 2014:
- October 22 2013: Update to Parrot SDK 2.0.1 (Fixes crashes on 2.4.x firmwares, no support for flight recorder (yet).
- February 13 2013: Support for USB key recording (More info). Motor PWM added to legacy Navdata.
- January 9 2013:
- ROS Groovy support.
- Support for zero-command without hovering (More info).
- Fully configurable Navdata support (More info).
- Support for Flight Animations.
- Support for Real-time navdata and video publishing (More info).
- Support for configurable data publishing rate.
- November 9 2012: Critical Bug in sending configurations to drone fixed and more parameters are supported (More info). Separate topic for magnetometer data added (More info).
- September 5 2012: Experimental automatic IMU bias removal.
- August 27 2012: Thread-safe SDK data access. Synchronized navdata and camera topics.
- August 20 2012: The driver is now provides ROS standard camera interface.
- August 17 2012: Experimental
tfsupport added. New published topic
- August 1 2012: Enhanced Navdata message. Navdata now includes magnetometer data, barometer data, temperature and wind information for AR-Drone 2. (Issue #2)
- July 27 2012: LED Animations Support added to the driver as a service
- July 19 2012: Initial Public Release
Table of Contents¶
- Reading from AR-Drone
- Coordinate frames
- Sending Commands to AR-Drone
- Where should I go next? Is there any ROS package or stack that can be used as a tutorial/sample to use ardrone_autonomy?
- How can I report a bug, submit patches or ask for a feature?
- Why the ARDroneLib has been patched?
- Why the wifi bandwidth usage is too much?
- What is the default configuration for the front camera video stream?
- How can I extract camera information and tag type from tags_type?
- How can I calibrate the ardrone front/bottom camera?
- Can I control multiple drones using a single PC? or can I make my drone connect to a wireless router?
- Is there any support for GPS (Parrot Flight Recorder)
- GPS Support